I’ve been getting carried away in the kitchen again! Today’s experiment was cheesecake bites which worked out much better than I thought they would! They were easy to make and delicious if I do say so myself ;)
Mini Cheesecake Bites Recipe
- Sugar 50g
- 1 satchet gelatine
- 100g white chocolate (with strawberry bits if you can find some)
- 1tbsp. strawberry flavouring
- Pink food gel (for a stronger colour than dye)
- 200g Primula original cheese
- 150ml double cream
- Approx 32 mini shortcrust pastry tartlets (pre-made or handmade!)
- Wafer flowers, anything else you’d like to decorate with!
1. Melt the chocolate over a pan of boiling water, in a glass dish. Use the microwave if you need to but be wary of the chocolate burning.
2. Once the chocolate is melted, pour it into the double cream and mix well. Next, add the Primula cheese and mix well again.
3. Add the sugar, strawberry flavouring and food gel.
4. In a dish with about 25ml boiling water, sprinkle the gelatine in and stir. Follow the instructions on your pack, you can use vege gelatine or leave it out.
5. Stir in the dissolved gelatine and give it s really good mix!
6. If you have an electric whisk I’d reccomend using that to get it to a nice consistency.
7. Spoon the mixture into the tartlets and leave to chill for an hour.
8. After an hour, they should be just firm enough to hold any decorations you want to add.
9. Once you’ve decorated to your hearts content, pop them back in the fridge and leave over night. Trust me, it’s worth the wait! If you’re not leaving them overnight give them a good few hours to set before serving.
Don’t forget to let me know what you think! Would love to see if you’ve tried :)