- S-file shape is specially designed to follow the natural shape of your nail
- Makes filing quick and easy, with two-step file to shape and smooth nail
- Especially useful when using your other or non-dominant hand
- High quality abrasive lasts up to 12 months
- From Lord Sugar and Inventor Tom Pellereau, winner of The Apprentice 2011 (oo la la)
As you can see my Stylfile 2* has been well used for a couple of months. I think it’s great. It’s a 2-sided curved nail file with a cuticle pusher and under-nail cleaner at each end. Don’t let the curved shape put you off! I learnt from a nail tech that making a sawing motion a flat nail file is actually bad for your nails.
It has seemed to keep it’s abrasion, though I’m not 100% sure if it’d last 12 months or not! Though I’d be happy to replace it if needed. I’d say it’s a bit of a hero product – something I’d be upset if I didn’t have now!
Filing your nails correctly
So I didn’t realise I was filing my nails badly until recently. The way I was filing my nails could have been contributing to my nails splitting and breaking. I’ve heard applying hand cream first can help keep your nails flexible and less likely to break, however if they are too wet they might chip easily.
- File from the outside of your nails towards the centre of the nail.
- So that’s going from each side inward, but not going at them back and forth like you’re using a saw.
- You only need to file in one direction, your emery or file should be strong enough to shape your nail.
- Your nails are delicate so be careful!