This recipe is a lazy recipe through and through! Easy as and delicious. Everything in this post you’ll be able to pick up something similar in a grocery store – it doesn’t matter too much if you use a little more or less of each ingredient – just fill your tacos! I picked these up on a whim and I just think they’re pretty great.
- 12 Mini Stand ‘N’ Stuff Taco Shells – Old El Paso
- 300g minced beef
- 1 Onion
- 200g Rainbow Couscous (make it by adding colourful veg or buy it pre-packed)
- 1 sachet Your Favourite Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Sliced Avocado
- 200g Salsa (make it or fake it)
- 100g Grated Monterey Jack or Mozzarella
- A handful of spinach, and vegetables such as red onion, peppers – anything leftover!
Don’t be afraid to experiment with this, add veggies that you like such as a handful of red and yellow peppers, red onions, aubergine, sliced tomato and spinach – though rainbow couscous should cover it!
- Dice the onion and fry it in a little oil.
- While it’s browning, season the mince with fajita seasoning – be generous but don’t over do it! You may want to use about half a sachet.
- Add the mince to your pan, and fry it well until it’s cooked through.
- Take out the taco shells, and line them up on a tray, with a sheet of baking paper underneath.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on the bottom of each taco.
- Then, layer on two large teaspoons of rainbow couscous.
- Next, add a slice of avocado to each and layer on the mince till it reaches the brim.
- Sprinkle a light layer of any other vegetables and chopped spinach.
- Sprinkle a little cheese on the top of each and bake in the oven until golden, for about 10 mins.
- Serve with salsa and any other dips you fancy.