Cakes: (Makes 20 approx)
- 175g butter
- 180g golden caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 180g self-raising flour
- Bag of Marshmallows (A couple generous handfuls!)
- Icing Sugar
- Food Colouring (Optional!
Chocolate Orange Buttercream:
- 150g Butter
- 300g Icing Sugar (You may need more)
- 3tsp ChocShot Orange Spice
- Halloween Decorations (Wilkinsons)
- Gold & Silver Edible Shimmer Powder
- Silver Balls
- Food Colouring
- Anything else you fancy!
- Preheat the oven to around 175c
- Whisk the butter and sugar till light and fluffy (electric whiskers are your friend)
- Whisk the vanilla and eggs into the mixture
- Add the flour in slowly and mix together well, it should be light and fluffy!
- Add food colouring if you’d like. I added 2tsp ChocoShot to mine!
- Bake till they spring up when pressed. Stab ’em with a sharp knife to check nothing comes away! Should take about 16 mins. Leave them to cool.
- Heat marshmallows in a large microwavable bowl, use something with room for the marshmallows to grow! About 1min on full power, stir then blast again if it’s difficult to mix.
- Add food colouring if you wish! Slowly add icing sugar until it bonds together and forms a workable fondant.
- I didn’t measure anything here really! I left my fondant for a while as well in the fridge, and just popped it in the microwave for 30 secs when I was ready to use it.
- Melt the butter slightly in the microwave so it’s easier to work with
- Add the Chocshot
- Slowly stir in the icing sugar untill it’s a nice, well-mixed butter cream!
- Wet your fingers to make it more pliable and shiny again, but not too much!