This is an incredibly easy recipe, with few ingredients and Betty Crocker does half of the work for you ;)
You will need:
- I box of Betty Crocker Devil’s Food Cake Mix (or other brand)
- 5 table spoons vegetable oil
- 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla
- 55g sugar
- 2 eggs
- Optional: A large handful of sweets, sprinkles, chocolate drops or whatever you fancy!
Yield: 15-16 Cookies
- Preheat oven to 160 (fan) or 180 degrees (conventional).
- Mix together the cake mix, oil, eggs and vanilla until it starts to go ‘doughy’. You’ll need a large bowl and a strong wooden spoon, it take a bit a of work. Once it starts to come together, get your hands in there and knead it into a big ball.
- Pop the dough in some clingfilm and into the fridge for at least 30 minutes, it makes it easier to handle. I left mine over night – busy day! Before I started to work with it, I let it stand (outside of the fridge) for another 30mins approx.
- Roll the dough into equally sized balls, about an inch in size. Gently roll the balls in sprinkles or press in your sweets or other decor. I used mini Oreos & chocolate drops & chocolate eggs.
- Spread evenly on baking paper about 2 inches apart (they need room to spread out!)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (use a knife and test the centre of one, if the knife goes in easy and come out clean, they are done!)
- Leave to stand let them cool for 5-10 minutes, move them to a wire rack and let them cool completely – it’s worth the wait – enjoy!
Let me know if you try ’em!